September 12, 2014
"I Rewired it!"
Famous last words of Tim the ToolMan Taylor from Home Improvement....circa 1991-1999.
My hubby used to do this work on Helicopters, I'm so lucky he has the time to do this! I was looking at $200-400 at a professional shop and they may not have done it they way we would like...aka the correct way.
Steve started with the brakes. The brake lines are supposed to be blue on the wiring diagrams. So we went with that and then the white is the ground wire for the entire trailer.
Black is the main power that then runs charge to the brown and green wires of the brakes and signal lights. The red wire is for the running or clearance lights.
Some sections we had issues running the wire through the piping but we eventually go it through and on the outside where the break lights connect we used a nice sheath to protect as much exposed wire as possible.
After the brakes and lights were wired, Steve started on the running/clearance lights. He riveted all the lights in and then easily attached them to the red wire.
An area in the tack room and in the very back of the trailer will have wire running along the outside of the piping since with all the wires in the pipe there was no way to thread it through. Steve thinks we can just epoxy it in place. Its doable and will be out of reach from nibbling ponies.
So glad this is finally all done! Yippeee! Just have interior painting to finish but glad my trailer is back in a usable state