August 02, 2013

Fun with Rainbows

I was a little disappointed today when I went to the barn and it started storming like crazy.  Dani gets really excited in her run when it thunders and the rain pours.  Several times I felt there was a Dani butt getting a little to near to me too fast so I back off into the back of the stall, sat on the hay and waiting out the rain.
 
 
Good things come to those who wait!  Two gorgeous rainbows came out after the storm had past.  Eventually they were full across the sky and very very bright!!

 
I let Dani out to play so I could set up her new trough filter (more to come on that!).  I had to grab the iPhone and take some photos.  Nothing like a wet chestnut horse in the sun with a dark gray sky and rainbows behind to make mundane pictures a little more interesting.  Darn it!  Wish I'd had my SLR camera!!

 
Down went my wet mare.....


 
Up came my muddy mare....
 
 
But she shook for joy and went on to grazing.  Later I did some work on the "cowboy curtain".  That will be a post to come soon.  You can see the object in her rolling picture.  It's dangling noodles and rope that a horse has to walk through.  I will have to say that we ended the day on a good note though.  The rainbow was awesome!  More to come!!

4 comments:

Kalin said...

So pretty! Love the first pic, and the one with her rolling. Adorable! :)

Emmi said...

I get bummed when it starts storming too. Ava is the exact same way only she likes to add bucks and rears along with a high tail and snorts... So much fun...

L.Williams said...

That rolling picture is great, I actually like when its stormy! lol

Christie Maszki said...

It was just perfect timing with the storm. I've loved the rain we've had but been on edge since the two burn scars have had MANY issues with flash flooding. Rainbows and horses are a girls dream I think...I think my little ponies and rainbow bright. LOL