August 19, 2013

4th of July Parade

My best friend Marie was out for a week in July.  We hadn't seen each other in almost 4 years!  The great thing with Marie is we can always pick up where we left off like it's been no time apart.  Being at the club a couple times a day to care for Dani we ended up getting sucked into the July 4th parade in Monument.  They needed a pooper scooper so we figured...."Why not?"


Marie was a good sport and we had a good time honestly!  Horse poop is harder to pick up from the the concrete so I'm thinking for the future a dog scooper and shovel may work better.  I'm even contemplating making a little wagon for my Border/Aussie mix to pull in parades.  It will be a while before I have the courage to try Dani out in parades so pooper scooping will be my job when I do parades.


Loren rode his trusty Angel, the beautiful buckskin mare.  She's solid as a rock and sweet as they come.  Many people took off their hats and placed their hands over their hearts at the American flag passed by in the procession.


There were a lot of horses but for the most part this was my view!  There was a gorgeous black Percheron I thought was a Friesian at first, and several wagons pulled by teams.  The Pikes Peak Rangerettes were out in full costume and were a sight to behold.  Very pretty ladies and gorgeous horses!


The Rennaisance festival had several elephats, horses and a camel!  Luckily they had their very own pooper scooper though!  I think Marie will never forget this fourth of July!

1 comment:

Emmi said...

What a fun 4th of July!!