December 25, 2014

Blue Skies and a Red Pony

It was a peaceful day today, crunchy snow under Dani's hooves as we walked around the property.  I love the simple ride around the 65 acres, we can see for miles and it was so pretty today.


It was just a touch chilly but gloves and a fleece were all I needed.  Dani was a good girl and I mounted with a mounting block with no issues.  She didn't step away like she has in the past.  Been ages since we used a mounting block.


I can't say enough about how peaceful it was just to go ride for a couple hours.  I groomed her and loved on her and then treated her hooves which had some flaking from the wet/dry weather.  Not only is she cute to look at but she's so darn funny.  I gave her a peppermint treat and then later while looking for another she nibble my jacket zipper.


I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful little horse to call my own.  I needed my barn time today and was glad we didn't have too many xmas eve chores to conduct.  Tomorrow I'll be busy from morning until evening with family so I won't see my girl.  At least we got some quality time in with a nice leisurely ride.  

Mare-ee Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

T said...

I've said it before, but she really is such a beautiful girl. Jealous of your nice open spaces for riding. Merry Christmas!

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

she is such a gorgeous girl! love the area that you have to ride in to! merry christmas hope you have/had a good day!