March 22, 2015

Dusting Off the Roundpen

Friday was a balmy 60 degrees!  After work I decided to head out and do some ground work with Dani.  We did some round penning.  She's doing well with remembering but her turn ins are not as quick.  We'll have to work on that.


Already starting to see the green grasses coming in around the stable.  I'm contemplating when I'll need to start putting that dreaded muzzle on her face.  I hate it but I'd hate if she wound up with laminitis more!


Dani was calm and good during the round pen work.  Her trot started fast but eventually slowed down.  She's also not breaking out of her canter as much.  I didn't want to push her too much since I know she's not very fit.  We ended with some yielding of the hindquarters and then desensitizing the the rope.  She stood like a statue.  Now's the time I need to get some more play things out for desensitizing.


We are still working on trot under saddle.  My rear can attest to that!  Perhaps I'll give up sitting trot for now and concentrate on rating her trot while posting.  One step at a time!

No comments: