March 18, 2017
Pony Shed Rebuild
Last August we discovered that termites had returned to an already severely damaged pony shed. So we disassembled the shed. Then we started to rebuild some of it but it was hot or rainy or we had other things we needed to do and then the holidays! Seems like it takes forever to complete a project around here but we are always busy to something!
Well we finally decided to "get er done" and rebuilt the shed. It took several saturdays with some weekends in between when it was bad weather. Luckily the horses have the barn so we weren't worried about them not having shelter.
Each step caused the ponies to be wary about the shed; sniffing and blowing commenced and finally ended with licking of lips and a final satisfied sigh. Ponies are funny.
I did most of the painting of the outside of the shed. We chose a nice rusty red called colonial red. I'm thinking our front door to the house will eventually be this color too. Dani examined the paint and seemed to approve.
Chance also like the paint color so proceeded with giving his muzzle and whiskers a nice rusty red tint.
The south side...
The inside divider where we place the hay nets
The long back wall....that will take a lot of paint!
Eventually the inside will get painted too, we just needed to get the outside done first. I also added an insect repellent to the paint . We'll see how that works with the carpenter bees and such.
Awe yes, nice and red!
Still have the top beams to complete but my fear of heights is now delegating that job to my husband!
Yippee we finally have the pony shed again!