Our property has a little easement around it that makes for a nice little riding path in addition to riding down the neighborhood. One section of the property had many low branches that I couldn't ride through without getting smacked. The other area had some branches that were a bit too low but it was wide enough I could avoid them by steering Dani away from them. I decided to cut all low lying branches to make it horseback friendly.
I cut down quite a few branches! Then the hubby joined me with a ladder to get some of the taller branches off towards the woods. I haven't had a chance to ride through the newly cleared area yet but I will report!
Then in Westeros we decided to finally get rid of the thorny bush mess in the middle of the pasture. There are also tons of gravel rocks there....not sure why. We'll rake that area up and spread some grass seed there to fill it in, perhaps next weekend. While we were cutting the thorn bush Chance decided to come over and see if it was edible. Ugh, silly pony!
We later took the truck back into the easement to load up the branches for hauling off to the dump which mulches yard waste. It was just damp enough near the end of the easement where it reaches a little dip before our neighbors driveway. We got stuck. Luckily our neighbor was out there and volunteered her tractor which made quick work of getting our truck onto solid ground.
Yeah, the ground here is soft even when it's been dry for a while! We won't be trying that again. We still have another section that needs a lot of work to allow horses to move through it plus there are some piles of dead wood and brush along the edges of the woods and in some treed areas. I want to get those cleaned up and then see about planting some native bee and butterfly happy plants! Slowly but surely we'll get our little to do list checked off.